ReV Camp- a place to get REVVED for the HSC and whatever comes next in your life.
8-12 July 2013
At ReV Camp 2013 you will complete over 30 hours of supervised study in a quiet environment and spend some time enjoying a rare social life with other year twelvers from around your area. ReV Camp will get you motivated to prepare for your exams and assessments and minimise the inevitable stresses that come with the HSC.
You will be led by a team of committed university students and high school teachers who will encourage you in your studies and share some of their experiences and advice for productive study and managing stress.
Rev Camp also offers the support of tutors that specialise in some of the major HSC subjects. They will be available for you to ask questions about course work or the syllabus outcomes. A ‘turn it in’ process will also be available for you if you have any practice essays you would like marked, critiqued or discussed with you.
Study sessions may also be used for individual major works if you find yourself behind and need a hand putting on the finishing touches or brainstorming ways to maximise the quality of your project.
Ultimately, ReV Camp offers a comfortable studying atmosphere with plenty of breaks to revitalise and refresh. Nutritious meals will be available to kick start your brain for the next session. A great selection of energy booster foods will be available all day, and games and entertainment between sessions are guaranteed. The night sessions during the week are merely a reward for all the hard work you will put in during the day.
We believe that study is important and the earlier start you have the better off you will be. However, we also recognise the need to maintain relationships and have a balanced life style leading up to the HSC.
You will also have the opportunity to be encouraged in your life and learn about what God thinks of you as develop the skills to survive the HSC and the years beyond with Him. You will be challenged in your Christian walk and have the freedom to ask hard questions and discover more about God.
- Rev Camp will be running from the 8th to the 12th of July 2013
- Rev Camp is located at 23 Stanley Street, Peakhurst at the Georges River Life Centre.
- Time: 9am till 6:30pm (with night hangouts till 10pm on Monday, Wednesday and the BIG one on Friday)
- Finishes on Friday the 12th of July with a big Celebration at night and loads of fun!
- ReV Camp only costs $120 for the week if paid before 1st of June and $140 thereafter. This money covers everything you need for the week including food, entertainment, tuition and so much more!
Cheque (in favour of Georges River Community Baptist Church) 23 Stanley St Peakhurst 2210
Cash in a labelled envelope to 23 Stanley St Peakhurst 2210
What to Bring
- Study materials – Folders, books, textbooks, and laptops are allowed. PLEASE NOTE – We will do everything in our position to ensure the safety of your belongings but we must inform you that ReV Camp takes no responsibility for lost or damaged valuables.
- Bible (if you’ve got one)
- Comfy clothes (uggies are recommended for comfortable studying experience)
- Munchies including lollies, chocolate and anything else you may need for a sugar hit.
- Your ipod, if you can’t concentrate without it.
- An open mind for study, fun and discussions about Jesus.
REV CAMP 2013 Rego Form for those who are not paying electronically
If you have any inquiries please don’t hesitate to contact Ben Rusin on 0421910094.
Hope to see you there!!!
The ReV Camp Team